[ts-ann] shim-070202 announced

R P Herrold herrold at owlriver.com
Fri Feb 2 21:26:05 EST 2007

This is our second interesting release this year.  First the
NEWS:

Summary of Changes:

date: Fri Feb  2 2007
     * Add 'open' command to request open orders

     * Fix bug in command logging, and missing 'next' command
in data mode

     * Add 'cmds' option to help mode to list command syntax
and semantics

       Note: 'data' command has breakage, and 'help' command is
not yet working

       Note: repairs to command logging break echo cmds
regression test -- false positive, needs some work on test
logic

which I feel is rather important news.  Of course, orders have
been working with fine stability, and include well tested the
Parent/child sequenced orders, and OCA functionality;  The
addition of the 'open' command verb permits retrieving an
enumeration of all working orders running at IB at any point
in time for a client.  Taken with the 'acct' command verb, one
can get a total picture of the liquidity state.  In turn one
can do credible position sizeing, and do snapshot VAR analysis
on a continuous basis at the client level under programmatic
control if one wishes.

Working toward more friendly documentation, both Bill and I
have each been working in this area, and we did our first
combined review this afternoon in a planning meeting.  One can
now get a reasonably friendly, if concise, enumeration of all
available and implemented commands, and a longer and complete
statement of the grammar of the shim without wadeing through
the source code.

 	ftp://ftp.trading-shim.org/pub/local/trading-shim/shim-070202.tgz

As always, we thank you for your interest; we welcome feedback
and comment.

-- The trading-shim team