[ts-ann] shim-070221 announced

R P Herrold herrold at owlriver.com
Thu Feb 22 18:08:13 EST 2007

Bill was kind enough to amend a couple small 'nits' which
snuck into the code, breaking Debian compiles

    ftp://ftp.trading-shim.org/pub/local/trading-shim/shim-070221.tgz

and I finally finished the Debian distcc so that we might test
this as part of our release process.  All was well in the
selftests today, and so there is no reason to hold back.

New matter since my last post are:

date: Wed Feb 21 2007
date: Thu Feb  8 2007

     * fix gcc 4.x syntax error to allow Debian users to follow
       bleeding edge, else they would have to hang back with a
       mid-Jan release.  The newest code, e.g. eval command,
       version-specific requests, etc., is very much in a state
       of flux.  There will be a better upgrade candidate
       coming out before the end of this series.
     * modify library typedefs to *begin* to accomodate OSX

But as it is not clear that this will before the end of the
month, it seemed proper to push it now

As always, we thank you for your interest; we welcome feedback
and comment.

-- The trading-shim team