[ts-ann] shim-080102 announced

R P Herrold herrold at owlriver.com
Thu Jan 3 11:05:37 EST 2008

We announce shim-080102

Changes: implement "what" command, to query for execution
reports; format is:
             what Sym Date Time;
where Sym is the name of the underlying, Date is yyyymmdd, and
time is currently a dummy, with the actual value sent clamped
to 00:00:00

I pushed a Freshmeat announcement. As I was counting external
releases announced there last year, I had adopted a policy of
about one a month, knowing that 'regulars' would be looking at
the download FTP site for fresh 'slip-streamed' versions
anyway; I had the impression that Freshmeat did not want 'too
many' release notices, as I had recieved a couple of rejection
notices on update announcements a couple of years ago from the
FM editorial staff.  Upon reflection, this may have been my
learning of their requrements, more than their frequency.
We'll see.

Over the last week, I put together mechanical ports of the
automatic retrieval and builder code for Debian and Apple OS/X
units, to pull the latest external and do a test build.  I
pushed copies of those scripts externally as well, and they
are at:
 	ftp://ftp.trading-shim.org/pub/local/COLUG
as:
 	RPM based	shim-builder.sh
 	Debian		shim-debian.sh
 	OS/X		shim-OSX.sh

I will drop updated copies in from time to time, but each is
tested and works on a 'hands off' basis to:
 	- retrieve the latest external shim tarball
 	- set up a proper build environment of any parts are
 		missing
 	- build the shim binary, and the documentation (except
 		for OS/X, as I have not found a 'graphviz'
 		packaging yet [I need to look a bit, as I am
 		sure it exists.]

It does not seek to solve the database setup, but that we well
documented in the manual.pdf, and is a one time and site-local
operation, anyway.

As always, we hope for others to join us -- the general
mailing list is the most community friendly way to do so.

As always, the latest tarball is at
         ftp://ftp.trading-shim.org/pub/local/trading-shim/
and prior releases in the ./attic/

We thank you for your interest; we welcome feedback,
questions, constructive criticism, and comment.  Please
consider joining in the fun publicly.

-- The trading-shim team