[ts-ann] shim-080319 announced

R P Herrold herrold at owlriver.com
Sat Mar 22 13:49:25 EDT 2008

We announce shim-080319

I pushed a Freshmeat announcement, after reposting Bill's Ruby
script from the Yahoo! TWS mailing list into the ts-general
list a few minutes ago.  Highlights in support of that script
were:

We add new PastFilter convenience records to improve bulk
history query processing and a new example Ruby script; see
the script: exs/past.30.rb for details.

We provide the new 'bind' operator to give symbolic names to
"order template" records; see the script: exs/bind for an
example.

We found and fixed latency bug in reader as part of adding
Reader_Fsm class, and splitting parse state between Reader_Fsm
(top level) and existing Cursor (recursive descent) classes.

I was working on automated TeX documentation building on the
OS/X platform, and find that 'grep' lives at '/usr/bin/'
rather than in '/bin/' as it seems to on Debian Testing and
CentOS.

As always, we hope for others to join us -- the general
mailing list is the most community friendly way to do so.

As always, the latest tarball is at
          ftp://ftp.trading-shim.org/pub/local/trading-shim/
and prior releases in the ./attic/

We thank you for your interest; we welcome feedback,
questions, constructive criticism, and comment.  Please
consider joining in the fun publicly.

-- The trading-shim team