[ts-gen] Problem: 546 ice: name-based database table lookup failed

R P Herrold herrold at owlriver.com
Wed Jul 7 09:42:27 EDT 2010


On Wed, 7 Jul 2010, Jordi Sanfeliu wrote:

> I've decided to upgrade TS and I've downloaded data-100614.tgz and
> shim-100630.tgz files. After unpackaging them and fixing a small problem
> with the 'sym' symbolic link I started the compilation and it went
> successfully (CentOS 5.5, MySQL 5.0.77).

That is my environment as well

> I've also decided to execute the 'sql/setup.sql' just to make sure that
> all the databases will be as the new shim expects.

* nod * -- one assumes with proper keying for mysql database 
create, and also an account for access duly set up

* hmmm * dropping the old database, and then running the 
reload I see:

  ...
Info: Creating target DB: rph_testing
ERROR at line 29 in file: 'load.sql': Failed to open file 
'sym/A0Ind00.sql', error: 2
Info: entering load_db
ERROR at line 29 in file: 'load.sql': Failed to open file 
'sym/A0Ind00.sql', error: 2
loading: rph_testing

and yet I see it there

[herrold at centos-5 shim]$ find -name A0Ind00.sql
./2008/alt/sql/sym/A0Ind00.sql
./shim_100706/data-100614/A0Ind00.sql
  ...
[herrold at centos-5 shim]$ ls -al ./shim_100706/data-100614/A0Ind00.sql
-rw-rw-r-- 1 herrold herrold 234300 Jan 21  2009 ./shim_100706/data-100614/A0Ind00.sql
[herrold at centos-5 shim]$ ls sym
sym/               syms-20100414.txt  syms-20100601.txt  syms-20100707.txt
syms-20090728.txt  syms-20100511.txt  syms-20100614.txt
[herrold at centos-5 shim]$ ls sym/
A0Bnd00.sql  A0Fut00.sql  A0Stk03.sql  A0Stk09.sql      ib.nest.IND.txt
A0Bnd01.sql  A0Fut01.sql  A0Stk04.sql  fop              ib.nest.OPT.txt
A0Bnd02.sql  A0Ind00.sql  A0Stk05.sql  ib.nest.BND.txt  ib.nest.STK.txt
A0Bnd03.sql  A0Stk00.sql  A0Stk06.sql  ib.nest.CSH.txt  opt
A0Bnd04.sql  A0Stk01.sql  A0Stk07.sql  ib.nest.FUT.txt  Readme
A0Csh00.sql  A0Stk02.sql  A0Stk08.sql  ib.nest.FWD.txt  ShimBlob
[herrold at centos-5 shim]$ ls -al sym/A0Ind00.sql
-rw-rw-r-- 1 herrold herrold 234300 Jan 21  2009  sym/A0Ind00.sql
[herrold at centos-5 shim]$ md5sum 
./shim_100706/data-100614/A0Ind00.sql sym/A0Ind00.sql 6bd959dd9b5fae689fbf90f80e1309b3 
./shim_100706/data-100614/A0Ind00.sql6bd959dd9b5fae689fbf90f80e1309b3  sym/A0Ind00.sql
[herrold at centos-5 shim]$

One problem with the 'source a file' into mysql load process 
is that it is not really set up to stop on errors.

Moving into the sources, and then down into the ./sql load 
scripts

[herrold at centos-5 shim_100706]$ cd sql
[herrold at centos-5 sql]$ egrep -R A0Ind00.sql * 2> /dev/null
load.sql:source       sym/A0Ind00.sql;                  -- product data
    ...
[herrold at centos-5 sql]$

and examining, load.sql it all looks perfectly reasonable to 
me

I think I'll ask Bill to take a look in, at this point, as the 
load scripts are his creation and some infirmity may 'jump 
out' at him

-- Russ herrold


More information about the ts-general mailing list