[ts-gen] misc shim/java questions...

Vince Fulco vfulco1 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 24 14:31:44 EDT 2010

 I've done a clean install of centos 5 server + some other required
packages.  Went thru the FAQ on installing sun java and after doing
it, the required pathmunge in the profile and rebooting, I get the
error "-bash: jar: command not found".   A 'which java' indicates it
is installed in the right place '/usr/java/jre1.6.0_21/bin/java', at
least I think so.  Is there something elementary that I am missing?
Grubbing around the shim mailing list and web indicates a path issue.

Secondarily, it isn't entirely clear that I can run shim on a headless
unit as it appears that one has to use GUI to config the IB TWS and
run the GUI app before launching shim?

--
Vince Fulco, CFA, CAIA
612.424.5477 (universal)
vfulco1 at gmail.com

 A posse ad esse non valet consequentia

“the possibility does not necessarily lead to materialization”