[ts-gen] Announcing the 1.0 release of the shim

Jordi Sanfeliu jordi at fibranet.cat
Mon Nov 29 07:05:40 EST 2010

Congratulations Bill and the rest of the team.

I've downloaded the latest version 'shim-101126.tgz' in order to test
the new timestamps changes, and once compiled successfully I've tried to
execute it and I've got the following messages:

$ ./shim --risk

           The trading shim has connected to the database server and

Problem: 414 mysql query evaluation failed
Error 1146 (42S02): Table 'testing.DbLevel' doesn't exist
select uid, text from DbLevel order by uid;

Problem: 414 mysql query evaluation failed
Error 1054 (42S22): Unknown column 'id' in 'field list'
select name, part, id from Exchange order by part, id;

Problem: 414 mysql query evaluation failed
Error 1146 (42S02): Table 'testing.UndCon' doesn't exist
select ibc, tid, name, curr, stk2, oth2, mult from UndCon order by tid,
curr, name, ibc;

Problem: 414 mysql query evaluation failed
Error 1146 (42S02): Table 'testing.FutCon' doesn't exist
select ibc, tid, name, curr, stk2, oth2, mult, expiry, lsym from FutCon
order by tid, curr, name, netexp, ibc;

Problem: 414 mysql query evaluation failed
Error 1146 (42S02): Table 'testing.OptCon' doesn't exist
select ibc, tid, name, curr, stk2, oth2, mult, expiry, rite, strike from
OptCon order by tid, curr, name, expiry, rite, strike, ibc;

Problem: 414 mysql query evaluation failed
Error 1054 (42S22): Unknown column 'ibc' in 'field list'
select uid, mark, var, oid, ibc, exch, client_id, order_tag from
CreateEvent where uid >= 1 order by var;
           loaded      0 products.  The IB tws offered api level 50,
           and connection negotiation resulted in an api level of 40
           and a client id of  8.  A query shows the account code to
           be DUnnnnn.  Program initialization has been completed.

Also, I've tried to follow the same steps to create a completely fresh
database but I've failed to do it. The file INSTALL still recommends to
use the 'source setup.sql' but this script no longer works as it
complaints with several error messages:

mysql> source setup.sql
Query OK, 0 rows affected, 1 warning (0.00 sec)

Query OK, 1 row affected (0.00 sec)

Database changed
ERROR:
Failed to open file 'enum.sql', error: 2
ERROR:
Failed to open file 'base.sql', error: 2
ERROR:
Failed to open file 'syms.sql', error: 2
ERROR:
Failed to open file 'subs.sql', error: 2
ERROR:
Failed to open file 'xact.sql', error: 2
ERROR:
Failed to open file 'proc.sql', error: 2
ERROR:
[...]

So my question is what is the right procedure to create a fresh database
with this latest version?

Any help will be appreciated.
Many thanks.

PS: BTW, I've defined the 'ApiLevel' as 50 by mistake and I've received
a 'segmentation fault':

[...]
The requested api level of 50 is outside table limits
of 5 through 49 inclusive and so was clamped to 49.
Segmentation fault

--
Jordi Sanfeliu
FIBRANET Network Services Provider